Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This Should Be...Whatever



In lieu of doing more interesting and productive things with my life, I've decided to start this blog.  I'll be writing about a myriad of things that most won't give a shit about and some may truly identify with, but it's all in the name of self-improvement, exploration and maybe killing a little time in the process.

My life used to be, dare I say, impressive.  It may have been chaotic, depraved even, but impressive nonetheless.  It was filled with weird sex, hard drugs, strange venues, and a vast assortment of obscure music.  Somewhere along the way though, my vim and vigor (or soul nuts, if you will) had been curtailed, castrated.  Now, my days have become routine, filled with healthy and scheduled meals, regular exercise, dog walks and other unimpressive things.

Although I approach this whole blogging endeavor with no clear plans and little talent, it may be a good idea to use this format to promote and detail my journey back to weirdness, as well as the reasons behind it.  Weirdness, to me at least, provides the power to unleash the very best in humanity: individuality, courage, eccentricity, freedom of mind and body, artistry and even humor.  I came to realize, like many of you, that I had long since forgotten vital concepts and perspectives that were so clearly understood at eighteen years of age.

Together, we will attempt to regain that lost knowledge, or lack thereof (whatever the case may be).  So, we'll be chronicling my atavism, my devolution from adulthood and all of its implied shackles and pitfalls.  Just because our peers insist on moving forward, it doesn't mean that they've got the right idea or that they're heading in the right direction.  I mean, they may be...but fuck it.  In life, we have to do what feels right.  Either way, this should be...whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment